Your expertise and our expertise: together we’re unstoppable.
A company is only as strong as the sum of its parts: its employees. Retaining and expanding knowledge within its teams is a key factor in any employer’s success. We know that the expertise of our experienced professionals is one of the pillars of our business. We value the dedication and skills of our employees, many of whom have been with us for years. On average, each employee has worked at Julius Berger International for some 15 years – a fact that we are very proud of. After all, it shows that our professionals feel very at home working for us and are loyal to their employer and the tasks entrusted in them. This is all the more important considering how frequent job changes have become the norm for many. You don’t have to leave Julius Berger International to develop yourself and your skills. We offer a huge array of options to expand your knowledge in your particular field or to open up new career pathways within the company.
Experienced professionals in the following fields can find their international home with us:
- Construction engineers
- Supply engineers
- Quantity surveyors
- Static engineers
- Structural designers
- Project managers (engineering)
- Road construction specialists (engineering)
- Mechanical engineers
- Project managers
- Finance/accounting specialists
- Purchasing and logistics specialists
- Human resources
- Legal affairs
Further training for experienced professionals: advancing your career with the Julius Berger Academy.
Specialist (company) training
Workshops and further training courses
Training courses and interactive presentations for developing soft skills
Management training and junior development programmes
Working in an international environment makes our job exciting and varied. You expand your own horizon and perspective.
- Dirk Hofrath
- senior architekt
Anything is possible here if you want it. I am certainly proud to be able to work for the company and I try to communicate that to others.
- Benjamin Bott
- regional manager for infrastructure, Central and North Nigeria
One of our recruitment focuses: engineers.
Julius Berger is always on the lookout for engineers; without them, our projects would be inconceivable. The three conventional engineering disciplines, construction engineering, electrical engineering and mechanical engineering, are perfectly suited to our diverse range of requirements and tasks. At Julius Berger International, highly specialised engineers can take on exciting construction and consulting projects in structural engineering, industry and infrastructure, both at home and abroad.
Construction engineers for structural design
- Static engineers
- Geotechnical engineering
- Material sciences (concrete and steel)
Construction engineers for project management
- managing challenging construction projects, from design development, invitations to tender and the tendering process right through to construction managing and commissioning.
- Management of supplementary requests and contract management focusing on HOAI contracts for complex projects
- Execution planning for exciting structural engineering projects
- Construction planning in service stages 1 to 9
- Construction managing
- 5D BIM
Building services/supply engineers
- Development of sustainable, innovative concepts and solutions for new buildings and renovations
- Planning and coordinating electrical engineering/information technology works in line with all HOAI service stages (planning, invitation to tender, tendering)
- Planning and coordinating heating and refrigeration works in line with all HOAI service stages (planning, invitation to tender, tendering)
Construction engineers for construction management
- Active management and controlling of deadlines, costs and building quality of standard construction projects
- Scheduler: creating, follow-up on and controlling schedules for national and international construction projects
- Quantity surveyor: calculating, monitoring and controlling construction costs and additional construction costs for structural engineering and industrial engineering projects
- Quantity surveyor: calculating, monitoring and controlling construction costs and additional construction costs for infrastructure projects
We take a very targeted approach to work.
„I have been working as an architect at Julius Berger International for almost eleven years. This also includes 3 exciting years abroad in Nigeria as project manager.
Meanwhile I work as senior technical project Manager in the domestic business in the area of quality assurance, execution and client representation.
As the Lead Designer Plus we offer an integrated service for the implementation of various construction projects under one roof, with a great interdisciplinary team that has a common goal: A successfully completed project with a satisfied client. Being creative every day and finding solutions to realize projects motivates me. I especially like the fact that I can organize my time and work very independently and flexibly.“
Frequently asked questions from experienced professionals regarding the job application process
1. How do I know whether a job advertised online is still available or the vacancy has already been filled?
Our job offers are always kept up to date. If you see a job offer on our careers page, it is still available.
2. Can I submit a speculative application?
Sure. If there is no current job vacancy that matches your qualifications and experience, you can always submit a speculative application through our online application system.
3. When do I receive a response regarding my application?
The application process varies in length. As soon as we receive your application you will receive confirmation via email through our application system. It may take a little time for human resources and the relevant department to review your application. We will be in touch as soon as possible. Usually you will receive some initial feedback within four weeks.
4. How long are my application documents stored for?
Your data will remain stored in our system for a period of six months following the completion of the application process, after which it will be deleted automatically.
As a respectful employer, Julius Berger International provides a wide range of opportunities to experienced professionals. Explore the possibilities!